Saturday, April 6, 2013

NaPoWriMo 6

Today I'm using the official NaPoWriMo-suggested prompt, to write a goodbye poem.

Ode to Stripy Socks with Monkeys on Them
and an Inexplicable Large Hole in One

Hand hovers over the garbage can
wavering
I'll never use them again, I think.
There's nothing that can be done.
And somehow I'm sad, momentarily thinking the thoughts going through
their collective mind.
You used to love us. Where will we end up? Don't you have room in your life for us anymore?
No, I think sternly, as if they can hear me, as if they have ears
or a brain.
I don't need you.
I don't want you around.
I'll watch the garbagemen pick you up and think fondly of the times we had together,
but that's all.
Good day.
Relax the grip
they fall, with a whisper
that sounds like We loved you 
into the trash bag

No comments:

Post a Comment